Saturday, August 08, 2009

San Diego

This past week I went to San Diego for summer vacation,
I went last year, but had much more
fun this year since I am way bigger!!

Day 1:
After the drive over with my Mom,
Grammy T and Auntie B, we went to Seaport Village
to shop and eat before we could check into the hotel.

Walking with Grammy T and GLAD to be out of the car!

Checking out the water, boats and birds!

After we ate I got to go on my first
real carousel ride with my Mom, I really liked it!

Once we got checked in to the hotel,
we went down to the bay so I could see the sand and water.
I did not like the sand.
I actually cried after I stood in it for a few minutes!

Standing motionless because of the sand.

Once I got carried down to the wet sand,
I took off running into the water!
(Had my Mom known I was going to do this
I would have had my suit on and not my clothes.)

I took a spill and loved every minute of it!

Having a great time with Auntie B!

Day 2:
We drove up to La Jolla to visit my Uncle Brian,
Aunt Jackie and my cousin Carson
who stay for the summer in their condo.
I got to pet their turtle and play
with a puzzle while everyone else visited.
Then we went down the the tide pools and
tried to find some starfish, but we had no luck!!
We stopped to get In n' Out burger on
the way back to the hotel and when we got back,
our room was getting cleaned,
so we had a little picnic in the grass!!

Enjoying the rest of my Mom's vanilla shake. Yummy!

My first ever hotel stay.....
(Also the first time I have ever fallen off of a bed.
It only took 16 months!)



After lunch we got our suits on and headed to the pool!!

My Dad couldn't come over until Tuesday morning,
so I got to talk to him every night on the phone.

Day 3:
We had another yummy breakfast at the
hotel and then checked out and got some shopping done.
After that we headed to the beach house
where Gigi and Grandpa stay.
That's where I would be for the rest of the week.
We did go to the beach, but my Mom brought the video camera,
not the regular camera.

Day 4:
My Dad got here!!!
I was so happy to see him and so was my Mom!
After my nap and a quick lunch,
we headed down to the beach where
we stayed a while and played and ran.




I love the water!!

My Grammy T and Auntie B were getting
on a plane and heading home that night,
so we had my Auntie take some pictures of me and my parents.



My favorite thing to do is make my parents kiss!!

My Mom's favorite!



Day 4:
I played with toys and buckets of water on the patio.
We didn't do much that day... I
was tired and napped for a long
time and then we just hung out.

I even got an otter-pop before lunch!!!

Day 5:
We got to go over to the bay and watch
my Dad and Grandpa sail for a few hours.
It was fun for me to run in the grass and
try and chase the birds!



Playing in the sand with my Dad.

Snack time with Dad.

A quick smooch for my Mom.

Day 6:
We got up and went out to breakfast.
On the way back we took one more family picture by the ocean.



Gigi and Grandpa like to swing
me when I walk with them.
I think its pretty fun, too!

1 comment:

meagansouth said...

Oh my gosh, what a fun trip.
Love the pic of her in the sand with her jeans rolled up and the family shot. Cute pic of her with Gigi and Grandpa too:)
Glad you had a fun time-I'm sure it was nice to get away.