Monday, August 16, 2010

Mosquito Bite

Last Sunday, Maddy and I were heading to the grocery store and stopped by the park on the way for a few swings and slides. When she was at the top of the slide I noticed two bumps on her arm and thought maybe it was an ant bite since it wasn't too big. When we got home the bumps kept getting bigger and more red. They were itchy and yucky looking!
Monday morning I took her to the doctor and was told they are actually mosquito bites! She said since this was her first mosquito bite, her body had never experienced the venom and this was the reaction. She said the next time she gets bit that it should not be as bad. I hope not!
Tuesday we went swimming with Autumn and Sarah and I think the chlorine helped a lot. Also, Greg and I read to rub a dry bar of soap over the bite to stop the itching and it actually seemed to work!!

Monday morning.

Monday afternoon.

1 comment:

meagansouth said...

OUCH! Poor baby. Dry soap bar-good tip!