Monday, January 18, 2010

3 plus 1 equals...... CLARE!

On January 16th,
Greg and I woke up and had a quick breakfast,
said goodbye to our Maddy Girl
and headed to the hospital.

Our last picture as a family of 3.


I was still dilated 2-3 when we got there at 7:30,
so they started the IV and then the pitocin.
My contractions were growing,
so I asked for the epidural.
That went really quick, except I still felt a lot of pain,
so he came back and changed
up the dosage I was getting.... much better after that!!
I almost felt nothing at all.

Greg got hungry and headed down
to grab something to eat,
telling me not to have her while he was gone.....
well, all of a sudden I was feeling pressure,
so the nurse checked and I was at 10!
We called Greg to get back up to the room,
luckily he was on his way already.
The doctor was on his way in as well,
so we were just waiting.
I told the nurse I felt different pressure
and she checked and told me not to push,
we needed the doctor!
He got there and 3 pushes later
our Sweet Clare was here!!

Here she is!

Getting warmed up.

Daddy's girl already.

Bigger than her sister!

So sweet.

Dad and Clare.

Mom, Dad and Clare.

Mommy's Sweet Clare.

Beautiful.

First bath.


2 comments:

meagansouth said...

Thank you for sharing that! I love hearing the story:) She is gorgeous.

Jeff and Lisa said...

Can't believe I just finally got a chance to check this as we have been busy house hunting in MI. Just got our offer accepted on a house last night. I am so unbelievably happy for you guys and she is just beautiful. Maddie looks like a super big sister! Iris can't wait to meet her. Big hugs to all!

Lisa